How To Verify Proof Of Car Ownership In Nigeria
How To Verify Proof Of Car Ownership In Nigeria. The need to identify a vehicle’s owner may arise from time to time, maybe to report the driver for driving or other related violations. Do you wish to know more about car ownership verification? Read this article.
Nigeria, located in western Africa and boasting a population in excess of 200 million, is bisected by 36 states with episodic incidents and remarkable metamorphoses in its story. A former subject of the United Kingdom, Nigeria achieved formal liberation in 1960 and declared itself a republic in 1963, with a constitution implemented by inaugural President Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe. Unfortunately, several military coups and an unsteady governance has chronically undermined the country. Though, under the guidance of President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria has developed and flourished economically and politically.
Verifying a vehicle’s registration is a crucial step. Please verify your car if it hasn’t already. And this post will tell you what to do. In order to benefit both law enforcement and drivers, this service was created to expedite the process of registering a car online. In addition, to stop the drivers of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and other security agencies from stalling and belittling one other in the parking lot.
Nowadays, car proof of ownership verification is simpler than ever before. Even if you’re not employed by the FRSC, it is feasible to verify the identity of a vehicle’s registered owner. It may be necessary to track out the owner of a vehicle in order to file a complaint against the driver for, say, speeding or other infractions.
Do you know? It is indeed nationalistic to expose someone who’s driving carelessly, but it might save the lives of thousands of other road users in the future. Identifying a plate number may also be useful if someone steals your automobile and you have the ability to cram or memorize the plate number.
HOW TO VERIFY PROOF OF CAR OWNERSHIP
First, you should check to see whether the vehicle’s document of ownership in Nigeria is genuine so that you don’t waste time at the police headquarters. To verify whether your car is registered in Nigeria, take these simple steps.
- Sign in to the Motor Vehicle Registration Search webpage at www.lsmvaapvs.org.
- In the area provided, type in the license plate number. When entering a number, be careful not to leave a gap.
- The registration of your car will appear if your license plate number is correct and valid. The vehicle owner’s name; colour; model; undercarriage number; date of enlistment; etc. will all be included in this report. The plate number is incorrect if the number is inaccurate or invalid.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CAR OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION
1. VEHICLE LICENSE
Vehicle licenses are given out by a motor vehicle registration authority for a specific car. A driver’s license is necessary to operate a vehicle on a public roadway in the jurisdiction. When a license expires, a fee is required to be paid to have a new one issued. An adhesive sticker or paper document may be used to show a vehicle’s license plate and/or windscreen, depending on the jurisdiction’s requirements.
In Nigeria, Third Party Motor Insurance is a mandatory insurance policy…. In the case of a collision in which the policyholder is at fault, the insurance covers the Third Party’s property or property loss, as well as the Third Party’s medical bills (if applicable).
3. PLATE NUMBER VERIFICATION
You just need to take a few easy steps to verify your FRSC car registration online:
- For automobile registration verification in Nigeria, go to the Federal Road Safety Corps’ website. The URL is https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/NumberPlateVerification.aspx.
- Using the search box, type on your vehicle’s license plate number. Numbers and letters are the only acceptable characters. Ignore the spaces (for example APP345HF)
- Wait for your number plate to be authenticated by clicking on Verify.
- The kind of car registered under that plate number will be shown in the results. There’s a good likelihood you’re using a phoney vehicle registration plate if it doesn’t match your vehicle or produces no results.
HOW TO CHECK CAR NUMBER PLATE OWNER IN NIGERIA
1. VISIT THE CLOSEST POLICE HEADQUARTERS
Checking the owner of a vehicle’s license plate in Nigeria is as simple as going to the nearest police station. The first thing you should do is explain to the police why you need to identify the owner of the car. You’ll also have to convince them that you don’t have any ill will against the person you’re trying to disclose his or her character. It is possible that the individual was involved in an accident, and the personality will aid in the search for his or her family.
2. YOU’LL BE PROVIDED WITH A FEW REPORTS THAT YOU’LL NEED
Thereafter, police will provide you with a report to prove that you have the right of access to the plate number’s owner’s personal information. The chances of the FRSC taking care of you without this step are quite slim.
3. VISIT AN FRSC OFFICE IN YOUR AREA
Each Nigerian state has an FRSC office, with some having numerous locations. Visit the official FRSC website to learn the locations of all of the organization’s Nigerian offices.
ADDITIONAL METHODS OF CONFIRMING NIGERIAN PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION WITH THE FRSC
Having someone who works for Nigeria’s Federal Road Safety Commission would make things a lot easier. ‘ You just need to provide them with the vehicle’s license plate number to the individual in order for them to verify the vehicle’s details. But what if you don’t know anyone? What are your options? Below, you’ll find the relevant information:
- When an incident involving a car is reported to a police station for legitimate reasons, the police may assist in verifying the vehicle’s details by tracing the license plate number.
- The FRSC office in Nigeria is another option for determining the owner of a vehicle’s license plate number. Before going to the authorities to have your license plate number verified, make sure you have a good cause that is supported by official documentation. They will trace and provide you with all information about the car if they are sure that you are the right person to ask.
- There are private investigators that can perform the work for you if you have the money to pay for it. It’s worth noting that they aren’t exactly inexpensive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Car Ownership in Nigeria:
Does Nigeria Manufacture Cars Locally?
Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (commonly shortened to IVM) founded in 2007. Their Productss caters almost every market from Sedan’s to SUV’s. Source: Wikipedia
Which car models are allowed to imported in Nigeria?
Car should not be 12 years old since it’s manufacturing date. Import of older cars, trucks, MPV’s and right hand car is prohibited by nigerian custom services
Can I use my car in Uber Nigeria?
Yes, of course . If your card is not more than 20 years old and consist of 4 doors then you can earn a handsome amount by Uber
On Nigerian highways, it’s critical to avoid getting into problems. Make sure you don’t have a fake license plate on your vehicle. Using above method, you might be able to find out who owns a car’s license plate number in Nigeria.